About Landhuis Kaprun
The Country House is situated in a unique spot on the West side of the Kaprun valley.
Our 45 m² heated swimming pool is our summer attraction. The house overlooks Kaprun, Zell am See and the other villages in the Salzach valley. Also the “Kitzsteinhorn glacier” (3203 m) and the “Grossglockner” (3798), part of the national park the “Hohe Tauern”, are clearly visible from the house. The house is situated all by itself and has three stories.
On the ground floor is the entrance, our office, and the wellness area, which is only in use in the winter season. On the second floor are 5 apartments and a large kitchen/diner.
On the top floor we have the very spacious penthouse Maxima, consisting of a spacious beautiful living room in traditional Austrian style with an open kitchen and 3 luxury bedrooms.
Adjacent to the living room is another bedroom for 2 and in the corridor leading to the bedrooms is an original cupboard bed. In total 36 people can spent the night at the house.
Upon arrival you will be welcomed in either Dutch, English or German.
You will be advised about the house rules, garbage segregation, use of the swimming pool, and you can indicate if you would like fresh bread in the morning, varying from a simple bread roll to a luxury bread. Your order will be delivered before 06:30 hrs. by a local baker, even on Sundays and holidays. In addition we settle the bill and complete the registration for the Tourist Tax. We require a guarantee deposit of 200 euros which will be returned on departure if everything in the apartment is OK.
In consultation with us you can bring your dog(s) at a charge of €5,- per dog per night, as long as they do not bother the other guests. We have a limited number of benches and blankets available.
In Kaprun are a lot of cosy restaurants. We recommend the Dorfkrug, Kennidi, Kitsch and Bitter and the Dorfstadl.
Fishing is possible in the area throughout the year, both for kids and adults. Popular are sturgean (up to 2 meters) and throut, and a catch is almost guaranteed. Fishing gear can be rented locally.
There are 3 riding schools in the area where guests of all ages can ride.
For children, departure is across the road from the house.
In the Salzach valley is an 18-hole golf course where you are more than welcome for a day of golf.
- Free parking. Please talk to the other guests when it is crowded.
- Heated swimming pool – 45m².
- Tanning terrace with deck chairs.
- Garden furniture.
- Each apartment (except the bedroom apartment) has a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, traditional coffee machine, Senseo coffee machine, toaster, water cooker, oven, microwave oven, table grill and refrigerator. In addition there is a TV and a DVD player.
- High chairs for children and child cots with bed linen is available.
- Limited dog benches and blankets are available.
- On request we have a gas B-B-Q available at 10 euros. It needs to be cleaned before it is returned.
- Free WIFI is available throughout the house.